What are the benefits of float therapy?
Floating Reduces The Risk Of:
- chronic pain
- pain from injury
- heart disease
- migraine headaches
- deep relaxation
- super learning
- right and left brain synchronicity
- sports performance
- athletic recovery
- muscle and bone regeneration
- hair and skin health
The list of benefits
for your health is extremely long. It is a natural and complete therapy that the entire body benefits from and simultaneously relaxes you mentally. People who float experience improvement or even full recovery of a wide variety of illnesses.
Ear, Nose and Throat Spectrum
- relaxation of the bronchial muscles and normalisation in breathing in:
- stimulates immune response in pharyngitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, common cold, otitis
- vestibular level: accidents, infections, internal ear inflammation, degraded hearing, diminishes dizziness and vertigo
– asthma with allergic connotations
– asthma induced by infections, emotional states, stress, toxic environment, smoking
Muscle and bone tissue
- improves the synthesis of collagen in fibrous tissues – tendons, ligaments and skin
- recommended in fibromyalgia, arthritis, tendinitis, bursitis, inflammation, fractures
- accelerates the repair of muscle and bone tissue in accidents and post-operative recovery
- accelerates the healing process post-trauma, stretches the spine by realigning the vertebral discs
- eliminates chronic neck and backache, muscle cramps, that particularly affect the back, and leg muscles, that can even result in tetany crisis
- energy metabolism – reduces chronic fatigue, lethargy and muscle cramps
- metabolism of lipids, fatty acids and phospholipidic acid
- assists physical performance by reducing and eliminating the accumulation of lactic acid in muscle tissue
- increases the efficiency of sports training, by prior relaxation and subsequent rapid restoration after prolonged physical exercise in professional sports
- normalises the contractile function of the heart muscle
- normalises serum cholesterol
- reduces angina pectoris (heart ache) from ischemic heart disease
- reduces and even eliminates cardiac arrhythmias
- essential role in cardiac oxygenation, in necrosis of myocardial tissue
- improves thermal regulation
- improves circulation by reducing cholesterol and the relaxation effect of the arteries
Removes toxins - kidney and liver
- normalises calcium absorption at the cellular level and reduces excess calcium deposits in kidney lithiasis
- antioxidant, alkaline detoxification at cellular level by removing existing toxins in tissues and organs
- improves and eliminates biliary colic, reduces liver toxicity and accelerates its regeneration
- blocks the absorption of heavy metals, chemicals, pesticides into tissues
- accelerates drainage of lymph, elimination of excess fluid and toxins from tissues
- helps in diuretic treatments
Reproductive system, menopause and PMS
- maintains a healthy functioning of the reproductive system
- hormonal balance for women who use contraceptives
- essential support in the calcium metabolism, increases bone density, prevents osteoporosis
- indicated in PMS – attenuates pelvic pain, head aches, breast aches, foot and hand edema, muscle and joint pain or constipation
- normalises insomnia and depression, sudden change in mood, irritability or anger
- improves the quality of life during pregnancy: decreases cramps, edema, tension on the spine, reducing the risk of premature birth or abortion
- increases pain tolerance, helps relax the uterus and the healthy development of the fetus
- creates the opportunity for a deeper physical and emotional connection with the fetus
- stimulates stress reduction by supporting the muscular and nervous balance necessary for both the mother and the child, improving the reduction or even lack of postpartum depression
Cellular system and chronic diseases
- stabilizes and repairs DNA structure while maintaining membrane permeability and stability, essential in maintaining physiological cell balance – anti cancerous
- reduces the toxicity of chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- reduces oxidative stress by reducing free radical production
- decreases insulin resistance, lowers blood glucose, helps prevent complications
- the need for magnesium in major stages of insulin secretion and in glucose metabolism (neuropathy, retinopathy, renal impairment, hypertension)
- balances the secretion of adrenaline, cortisol and norepinephrine of the adrenal glands
- hormonal restoration – in cases of hormonal disturbances due to stress
- mediates digestive processes and prevents problems such as: irritable colon, colic and abdominal bloating, constipation, colitis, gastro-enteritis
- relieves the discomfort and symptoms associated with hemorrhoids and other proctological diseases, helping in re-epithelization and regeneration of tissues
- increases cell activity of the immune system: stimulates the immune system, virus removal
- shorter healing time for superficial skin wounds
- suppresses the sympathetic nervous system and activates the parasympathetic system, generating a response of relaxation, healing and revitalisation response
- important role in the serotonin synthesis by supporting positive emotions and mood
- eliminates mental dysfunctions – depression, panic attacks, stress, insomnia, anxiety, unjustified agitation, memory disorders, autism
- improves insomnia until extinction by adjusting the sleep-wake cycle, restoring synapses and nerve connections
- prevents strokes
- streamlines brain activity by minimizing sensory receptor stimuli
- REST concept – Restricted Environmental Stimulation Therapy
- improves power of concentration, the creative and analytical processes
- accelerates learning and memorization
The water in our pools is much cleaner than any swimming pool you’ve ever entered.
It has been found that ozone is 50 times more powerful then chlorine, while also killing bacteria 3,000 times faster. Ozone eliminates bacteria, mold and yeast, as well as organic material and viruses.
Ozone treatment requires no additional chemicals, leaves no odor, and reverts to pure oxygen once oxidation is completed, leaving no trace of it’s presence.
UV works to purify by damaging cellular DNA – when anything undesirable in the tank meets these purifying rays, they are killed. UV treatment protects against viruses, molds and bacterias.
Keep in mind
It is recommended that you do not shave or wax on the day of your floating session because Epsom salt can irritate the sensitive skin.
If you coloured your hair recently, we recommend that you wait at least a week. For the benefit of your hair color and for the tanks, please wait until the water runs clear when you wash your hair before coming to float.
That time of the month
For a relaxing experience we recommend avoiding to float if it’s that time of the month.
You most likely will prefer to float without them, so be sure to bring your case and solution.
Don’t get loaded on espresso, or any other caffeinated products, as it tends to keep you super jittery when trying to get your body ready for calm, quiet and relaxation.
Use the toilet before entering the float room to enjoy a relaxing, uninterrupted session. If you need to use the toilet, obviously you can get out of the float room and pause the session.
If you get water in your eyes, during the float session, it will sting a bit. Avoid touching your face after you enter the tank, and in any case just use the fresh water pump provided on the side of the tank to clean your eyes.
Customer feedback Slow Wellness Studio
Describe in a few words the Slow experience: